St. Vincent de Paul Welcome Page
“Inspired by Gospel values, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, a Catholic lay organization, leads women and men to join together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to the needy and suffering in the tradition of its founder, Frédéric Ozanam, and patron, Vincent de Paul. As a reflection of the whole family of God, Members, who are known as Vincentians, are drawn from every ethnic and cultural background, age group, and economic level. Vincentians are united in an international society of charity by their spirit of poverty, humility and sharing, which is nourished by prayer and reflection, mutually supportive gatherings and adherence to a basic Rule. Organized locally, Vincentians witness God’s love by embracing all works of charity and justice. The Society collaborates with other people of good will in relieving need and addressing its causes, making no distinction in those served, because in them Vincentians see the face of Christ.”
Mission Statement – National Council
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a world wide organization founded in Paris, France in 1833 by Frederic Ozanam for the purpose of serving the needy with food, clothing, housing and guidance.
- The society has been active in Marshfield since 1923.
- The Marshfield SVDP Council coordinates the Society's activities in the Marshfield area. In cooperation with the Marshfield Council, parish groups called conferences serve the needy of their areas.
- The SVDP Thrift Store was established to serve the needy. It has grown and provides clothing, furniture, household items, books, sport equipment, etc. Proceeds from the Thrift Store are the primary source of funds with which to operate the Outreach Department.
- In addition to operating a Food Pantry, the Outreach Department provides Counseling Services, Medical Clinic, Emergency Meals, Lodging, Transportation, and Medicine. It also dispenses Thrift Store merchandise to those in need.
- Space is provided in the SVDP building for a Christian Video and Book Library, Salvation Army and Birthright office. Every person on our staff is an important part of the Society's effort to assist the needy in a Christian spirit. We serve all people without regard for age, sex, race, or religious beliefs.
- Welcome to Marshfield Wisconsin and OUR St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store and Outreach. Marshfield is located on Hwy 13 and 97 in the center of Wisconsin. Our Thrift Store and Outreach are located on our main street which is Central Ave.
Welcome to our Thrift Store
- We have one of the largest and well stocked stores in Wisconsin with three floors for your shopping pleasure. A large selection of Womens, Misses, Juniors, Childrens and Mens Clothing are available. We also have a Bridal Section, Accessories, Shoes and Jewerly Departments.
- Our Housewares Department has a large selection of kitchen items along with knickknacks, picture frames, collectables and candles.
- Our Seasonal Department includes all types of decorations along with greeting cards, gift bags, and wrapping.
- Don't forget to check out the Vintage Corner.
- The second floor is our Domestics Department including materials, sewing and linens/blankets.
- Our lower level features our Furniture/Exercise equipment, toys, small appliances and a large book department.
Come visit us TODAY!
"We must love our neighbor as
being made in the image of God
and as an object of His love."